Thursday started off like any other morning. The husband woke GG up to get ready for school, while I laid in bed for 15 minutes calling out to Little Dude, trying to wake him. Can you tell who the morning people are?

We took the husband to work and I took the midgets to school. I was a little early dropping them off. I took that as a sign that it would be a good day. Little did I know what was to come.

Nothing extraordinary happened throughout the day. I could tell you about the amount of laundry I have to do, or the never ending vacuuming, but that's not really blog worthy. And quite frankly, I'm trying to ignore the laundry with the hopes that it just disappears. Talking about it won't help me with that cause!

Three o'clock was soon approaching, which meant it was time to pick the midgets up from school. I decided to walk. Parking is already limited to street only, but with the recent snow dump, it's even more scarce. I grabbed my umbrella just in case and began my weave up the street. Let me just throw it out there real quick that a certain person might make an anonymous phone call to the borough about people not clearing their sidewalks. Hence the weaving while I walk.

Little Dude, being in Kindergarten, gets dismissed a few minutes earlier than the rest of the school. Don't want those precious Kindy-garteners getting trampled on, now do we?

Like I do everyday, I let him run around with his friends while we waited for GG. As her class started to trickle out I realized that Stupid Mom day had been moved from Tuesday to Thursday.

Stupid Mom Day (Tuesday) is when GG's class exits the building from the lower doors, not the usual upper doors. Gym is her last class that day and those doors are closer. Every Tuesday I, along with the other parents from her class, wait at the upper doors. Then there is a mass of facepalms before we all trudge down to the lower doors.

I stood at those upper doors for a good 10 minutes before I realized that Thursday is when GG has her after school activity. She didn't need picked up until 3:30!


That was a good 10 minutes I wasted. I could have been sitting in a warm dry house.

Why did no one inform me of this earlier in the day?

Until next time...


Anonymous said...

Entirely too much to keep track of!!

Oka said...

and people laugh at my big planning calendar on my fridge

Kmama said...

I would probably do that every single week, knowing me.

Rachel said...

I'd be right beside except I would be an hour early AND at the wrong door!