Verizon and stuff

So here's my beef with Verizon.....

We had a land line. Never used it, but thought it would be wise to have one just in case. Well, the electric company was working on their lines one day and snapped the phone line to our house. They claimed they reported it to Verizon, but no one came out to fix it. About 2 weeks ago I finally got around to contacting Verizon to get the line fixed and restore our phone. I did it all online and the scheduled day for them to come was July 9th. I wasn't sure if someone needed to be home so me and the kids had a day in. Well, 5 o'clock rolled around and no Verizon (I wanted to go to the pool that day, too, so I was a tad upset). I called and explained what had happened. The customer service person (once I got through all the recorded menus) was very helpful. I was told Verizon would be out hopefully Friday morning, but definitely by 5 o'clock Friday afternoon. We got home from our concert (which was awesome) and noticed that they still hadn't fixed our problem.

First thing Monday morning I called them yet again. I explained our problem, again, and this time I was transferred to a supervisor. She apologized and said someone would be out that day and we did not need to be home, which is good because I was sick of waiting for them. By 5 o'clock, NO ONE HAD SHOWN UP!!!! I called after dinner and was on the phone for darn close to an hour! I explained the problem to the 1st person who transferred me to someone who could help me. The 2nd person dealt with Fios and couldn't help me and I was transferred back to the main menu and had to start over. The 3rd person I talked to had to transfer me to someone who could "help"me. I was transferred to a West Coast office. I live in Pittsburgh so that didn't do me any good. This person transferred me to the East coast office and again, this person was Fios related and transferred me back to the main menu....again!!! I had to hang up at this point because if you scream and swear at the recording, she says "I'm sorry. I don't understand you". I called back, talked to the, um...not sure how many people it is at this point, but he was very helpful. When he said he had to transfer my call I asked if he was sending me to a Fios person because I did that already and they can't help. He said no. Instead he transferred me to this b@*ch who claimed that my service was scheduled for July 14th. Needless to say, I hung up on her. BTW, I gave all of our information to each of these people so they could look at our file. You would think if the dates were screwed up somewhere along the line, someone would have noticed a little earlier.

So yesterday, Verizon was here and they finally fixed our problem. This morning I got a phone call from this lovely company. It was a recording saying that we will be credited on our next bill for the amount of time the line was down. Chris and I would have called ourselves and asked about this, but it would have taken 27 phone calls and we weren't up for that. And to conclude this mess of a story, a Verizon representative called after dinner and asked if I would mind taking a quick survey about our service that was done on July 10th. Notice the date? It's not correct at all!!! Her 2 questions - rate our service and would I recommend Verizon to anyone. Poor and no were my answers. I also gave permission for them to contact me and ask for more information about why I feel this way. Go ahead and call! I'll tell you every word of their screw-up!

On a happy note, Paige had her 1st of 2 pool parties tonight. This one was for soccer. She got to swim with one of her best friends and one of Mike's friends was also there. They also got to swim when it was dark. How cool is that?!?

No comments: